Friday, April 11, 2008

Cardiff, Wales (Europe)

Hi, this was the 3rd country in the 34 country World tour. The last time I went to Wales was when I went on Beach Missions with the Church to hand out leaflets to holiday makers in New Quay and Benllech. I also went to Prestatyn with my good friend Karl and his family.

I got the train to Cardiff and it took me 4 hours to get there with a change of trains in the middle. I got there and was surprised to see the Millenium Stadium tucked away behind buildings in the middle of the city.

I went to my hotel which was on St Mary Street. I got there late and I was very tired so I fell asleep. The next morning I had a lie in and then took a walk by the River Taff which runs past the Millenium Stadium. I walked up to Cardiff Castle and then up to the Cardiff City Hall and sat in a beautiful garden which was behind the City Hall. In the middle was the War Memorial for the people of the Falklands War and other wars. I got the train the next morning at midday and got back home about 5pm.

The next destination will be the final country of the World tour and then I will have to get a job. I shall be going with my good friend Karl to Cuba for a fortnight.

Take care.

Robert





No comments: